cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Speed Very Slow

Cfhorticulture

Internet Speed Very Slow

Internet Speed Very Slow or there something I can change or a member of staff please contact me.

thanks Charlie

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Internet Speed Very Slow

@Cfhorticulture Welcome to the forums. A little more detail is needed if you are to get help from the Community, as the PN Help Team are conspicuous by their absence on the forum at the moment. Are you on ADSL (as you posted on that board)?

What is your exact problem?

John
Cfhorticulture

Yes Running on ADSL, the problem is the speed is rubbish.

jab1
Legend

OK, you've confirmed you are on ADSL, but given us no idea of the ACTUAL problem.

Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

If you decide to also post on the Twitter/Facebook accounts and get a response from there, please come back here and say so.

John
Cfhorticulture

I don't have a Home Phone only Mobile so cant do this my ADSL connection goes straight to my broadband box

My upload speed is 18Mbps and download speed is 29 Mbps

Mainly to play online games etc etc on my laptop

jab1
Legend

Right, so despite your earlier assurance, you are on FTTC and not ADSL, so my time spent replying is wasted.

John
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine