cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Speed Fail and incorrect customer service information

cmks01
Hooked

Internet Speed Fail and incorrect customer service information

Ever since I have taken out subscription the internet speed has failed to match what the agreement was. The speed offered has never been reached, each time I have raised this I have been told a number of reasons as to why. It must be tested via ethernet connection, not wireless, another person said when it is set up it will immediately slow down, another person ahs said I may need an engineer to come out to fix the home wiring. Another person said I need to split the signal sent from the modem to improve the service (guess what no improvement) and finally someone has said that due to the fact I have had no problems with my previous internet suppliers it appears that the problem may be caused by the router, so I am being sent a new router! If this does not work who do I need to contact to make complaint and see if possible to cancel the contract as on several occasions have been given different information which does not match up with terms and conditions and also incorrect information regarding to the customer service agreement as stated it the contract. I have kept a copy of all emails and dates and time of calls made.

10 REPLIES 10
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Internet Speed Fail and incorrect customer service information

Hello @cmks01,

I am sincerely sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your speed and for any inconvenience caused.

We are unable to cancel the contract without penalty without having time to look into the issue and to see if it is something e can resolve.

When it comes to speed there are 3 main things that we have to rule out:

-Fault on the line.

We ask for wired speeds tests when the speed is showing as fine from our side.

-Wireless interference.

This  one is important to rule out as it is outside our area of influence and we can provide support to help combat this. This will not require an engineer as they are unable to help resolve and it would result in a appointment charge.

-Router.

This on could be a faulty router, firmware issue or just a general comparability issue with your connection. Us sending you a new router does rule out faulty hardware.

I have run a test and the speed is within the top estimates for your line and therefore we will need to go through the above to narrow down the cause.

Can you try the new router and if the issue persist, please raise a fault here so that we can progress forward.

If the issue is caused by a fault and we are unable to resolve this, we would not hold you to term.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
cmks01
Hooked

Many  thanks for  your quick response,  I know that it is not a fault on the the line as this has been confirmed (on several occasions) so as you are not the supplier, not your problem. (But nice to know you checked it)

As I stated on my original message wireless interference, never had it before so no changes in the local area and no neighbours have had any issues seems a bit far fetched.

Finally, the router, I am waiting for a new router to be sent out, which will hope fully resolve this issue. But if it doesn't it has  covered all the options you have given me.

However you have put a immediate block on any other options I have as you have stated (and I quote) " We are unable to cancel the contract without penalty without having time to look into the issue and to see if it is something e can resolve."

If all the options have been tried, so basically if the new router does not fix the problem what option do I have? As Plus net are failing to honour the terms and conditions of thier contract?

Regarding a complaint (I have raised numerous regarding this issue and have been given many many different resolutions all of which have not improved the speed I was agreed when I set up the account both when I set up the account and on each occasion I raised a complaint)

But thanks for your reply, hopefully you can come up with a suggestion if the new router fails

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for getting back to us, as I mentioned above it could still be a compatibility issue between your connection and the router.

I think the next best thing would be for us to review your account if the new router does not help at that stage.

Please let us know how it goes when you received it and I can confirm the router has been ordered.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hi @cmks01 

Hopefully it will all go well with a new router, but in the meantime have you tried a 17070 option 2 quiet line test?

I got rid of my landline ages ago, no longer needed for me as I have Branson Media as my ISP (not like you have much choice on companies now with cable!), and with that and my mobile I hardly used it. I only really kept it as I had people in my family who didn't use mobiles.

When I had it, I had a problem. Did that test, and it was noisy. Called an engineer out, he did something outside of my place and fixed it pretty quickly. No charge as it was outside of my property, and I gave him a score tip (that's £20 for people who don't know cockney rhyming slang!, I live in South East Laaadaaan so I do use it a bit! 😛).

Let us know how it goes and if any of us can be of help.

cmks01
Hooked

Great idea!, So what you are telling me is to try testing it on something I have never heard of "17070 option 2 quiet line test"

Followed by suggesting getting rid of my landline! (Wouldn't that be a breach of my contract as I am asking to do this not that your system doesn't work!) therefore costing me the cancellation charge!

Also paying for an engineer to come out and look at the system and giving him a tip (when if you read have been advised by your customer service) it is not required to have an engineer as the problem is not engineer related!! So isn't that getting me to pay for something that isn't required??????

Two costs that I don't need before the other options (as stated on my original enquiry have not been read clearly?)

Is this how Plusnet make thier money or deal with all customers????Huh

Not giving me much confidence in Plusnet Help Team!

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@cmks01 

I think you've got hold of the wrong end of the stick somewhat - Alex is a customer (as am I) not a staff member.  Smiley

Alex
Community Veteran

I didn't suggest getting rid of your landline, all I am saying is that what I have done.

Not everyone is in a position to do it, for example where my sister lives she can't as there is no cable down her road. Even though she doesn't live far from me and she lives down a main road around here.

Of course a tip isn't mandatory, it was something I decided and chose to do as a thank you for people who are good to me. I have dealt with enough nasty people in my life, I do feel like saying what I think of those people but it would involve me breaking the swear filter quite a bit, so I'd better shut up there 🤐

My sarcasm aside, I was just trying to help in case you need to call someone out. Just another check to try, and it won't take long to do.

cmks01
Hooked

Fair enough, I can understand where you are coming from, that clears up a lot of things. Cheers!

Alex
Community Veteran

No worries, sorry if I offended you. It wasn't intentional.

cmks01
Hooked

No problem, its just that I have been dealt a bad hand by Plusnet, lets just say what one person says is not what another one says, and then the reason why you are told your system is slow is part of one part of the terms and conditions (which you read is not) and you challenge them, they then say oh what the other person meant to say was this!

Understandably, fed up as they  have breached terms and conditions, failed to honour thier contractual agreement, yet have not admitted any responsibility, yet.

But according to all the conversations I have had, when phoning them it states they record thier calls, and I have copies of all my emails (and the replies) they have sent me.

Could be interesting in how we resolve this in a courteous manner!