cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Dropping and Failed billing message

jim739

Internet Dropping and Failed billing message

For the last few days I've been having issues with my broadband. Every so often, and fairly frequently, the internet drops and a message from Plusnet appears which says something like Failed billing Invoice not paid. I also have a Now TV box which connect to Sky/BBC iPlayer and others which is now constantly failing to connect after a few months of no problems. I raised the problem on Saturday via a ticket via the Help & Support option as it cut out during the football via Now TV but I would like to watch BT Sport tonight, paid for through Plusnet, so can someone please take a look at the issue as I have had no valid response other than a there is a problem email since Saturday. Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Internet Dropping and Failed billing message

HI @jim739

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this intermittent issue with the billing screen pop-up.

I've just reset your connection our side and would be grateful if you could reset your router following the steps below. Once this has been done it should clear the incorrect data that's being held against your IP address and allow you to browse normally.

1). Turn off the router using the power button on the back of the router.

2). Insert a pin (or similar) into the reset hole that is next to the power button whilst the router is turned off.

3). Turn on the router keeping the pin in the hole.

4). Keep the pin in the hole for ten seconds and then release.

5). Allow the router to reset.

Please let me know if this doesn't resolve the issue and I'll be happy to assist further.

Best Wishes,

Dave

jim739

Thank you for your reply

I'm in work at the moment but will try the above once I am home

jim739

Hi

i have tried the above twice over the last couple of hours and I am still having the same issues. Is there something further I could try or can it be escalated to the member centre as they are still to respond

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there. Can you switch your router off for 65 minutes letting us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet