cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Disconnecting Frequently

paulwillis1980
Grafter

Internet Disconnecting Frequently

Can someone perform a line test please. I am having constant disconnections. Every time I was receiving a phone call the internet would disconnect. I have disconnected my phone from the socket but I am still having frequent disconnections.

7 REPLIES 7
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Internet Disconnecting Frequently

Hi @paulwillis1980 

Sorry to hear that this is happening. 

I've tested your circuit and I can find no fault present which would case these drops. 

Can you run through our troubleshooting guides here .

If that doesn't help, the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket (which is under the faceplate of your master socket) and seeing if the drops stop. 
This rules out your internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause of these drops. 

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists, please can you raise a fault here and let us know once done. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

paulwillis1980
Grafter

Internal wiring is fine. Was tested the last time engineer came out. It's an intermittent fault but is becoming more annoying as its happening when im playing video games

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for getting back to me @paulwillis1980 

I understand what you are saying, however I must ask you to please run through the steps provided above as these need to be done prior to raising this issue to our suppliers to investigate.

The sooner we can rule all the above out (unfortunately they need to be done each time you have an issue/fault (historical data can't be used)) the sooner we can engage our suppliers if required. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR 

paulwillis1980
Grafter

Had the equipment in the test socket and it has made zero difference. It has disconnected around 3 or 4 times today already. First time when it reconnected the internet was only at 20MB on a 40MB line, this is unacceptable. Please check my profile etc and make sure everything is ok your end. I don't have my phone plugged in anymore. Nothing but problems since we switched back to Plusnet.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @paulwillis1980

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having connection issues.

I've tested your line and I can see that there have been a few drops as shown below

Unfortunately, our tests aren't showing any cause for this. So we can investigate further can you raise a fault here and let us know once you've done so?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
paulwillis1980
Grafter

Ive created a fault ticket although it took several attempts as the page kept crashing

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for getting back to me. I've reported the fault with our suppliers and have added an update to the account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=190008414 - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team