cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Connection & WiFi Issues

pedleyclan

Internet Connection & WiFi Issues

Our internet connection drops out on a daily basis and to be honest it's getting very irritating. We are paying for a service that we have to keep our fingers crossed will keep working and not drop out.
The WiFi signal has also dropped dramatically to what it originally was. Please tell us there is a reasonable reason for this
5 REPLIES 5
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: Internet Connection & WiFi Issues

Hi @pedleyclan, sorry to hear of the problems with the connection. I've checked your line this found no issues. As per the graph below the connection is fairly stable as well.

If you've noticed a drop in wireless performance/signal, I'd recommend first running through our wireless performance guide here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
blake48
Hooked

We are suffering similar frequent drop outs too.  I am noticing an increasing amount of similar posts, I would say this appears to be more a Plusnet issue that needs addressing, rather than individuals, since a growing number of us all seem to be experiencing the same issue.  Please advise, thanks

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@blake48 

Piggy-backing on other people's topics as you have done here (on FTTC) and here https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/Can-t-contact-customer-service/m-p/1750059#M338124 (on ADSL) helps no one - especially you.  Please raise a topic for your problem on the appropriate board so that you can obtain the assistance you need.  Posting in two places is against the forum rules, whilst posting on other people's topics simply creates confusion.

Presuming that suffering from similar symptoms has the same one cause is an unwise move.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pedleyclan

It's very strange because it's happening daily. Most times it rectifies itself - as if it's just had a quick swig of coffee - but other times we have to restart the router (I nearly showed my age and called it a modem there 🙄)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Have you followed the WiFi guidance provided above? What do you see which makes you think the connection has dropped? The radius plot suggests that the uplink is very stable.

Which router are you running?
On the device you see as disconnecting what OS is it running and what WiFi card does it have? You’ll need to look at network settings.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.