cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Connection Drops

SuperCoops

Internet Connection Drops

I have recently joined Plusnet. All was fine for around 15 days and then the Internet would regularly drop and the hub light would flash orange and eventually go back to blue. I reported this and was sent a new hub after line tests were carried out.

I am now not noticing the Internet dropping but when I go into the advanced settings and look at the connection time, it will say it has only been connected for around 2 hours, for example. However, I have been working at home all day and have had no VPN disconnections to my work network. So, why would the connection time show so low? It never shows as being up for days - the maximum I have seen is around 8 hours and so does this indicate a fault or is it normal for the connection to drop and reconnect? Does it sleep if no demands are being made of it?
1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Internet Connection Drops

Hi @SuperCoops.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems with your connection. I can see that, since writing this post, you have discussed this with an advisor from our technical support team and they have determined that your line is intermittently dropping sync.

I've added an update to the fault ticket here with details on the next steps towards getting this issue resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team