cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent router dropping internet and crackling phone line

zebrabing

Intermittent router dropping internet and crackling phone line

The internet drops so often that it is disheartening, I have raised calls, BT have come out etc.  Phone is inaudible some times and we have to ring off.  New Years eve, practically no internet, kept dropping. Today it has dropped 4/5 times. Wish I had stayed with BT, although more expensive, never had these issues.  This started from practically day 1

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Intermittent router dropping internet and crackling phone line

Hi @zebrabing, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your phone line. which are likely causing the issues you've mentioned with your broadband.

I'd recommend reporting the issues via your account over at https://faults.plus.net

If you could let us know once you've done this, we'd be happy to get the ticket picked up and progressed with our suppliers for you.

I appreciate faults can be frustrating, but we use the same network as BT Consumer and faults can occur with any provider at any time and we'd both be raising this with the same wholesale provider to try and resolve the issues, it's just unfortunate that the problems have been more apparent since moving over to us and I do apologise for any inconvenience this has been causing you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
zebrabing

I am changing the phone line as I suspect this. I will also change the modem line, as the engineer found a clear line before and I will assume that this would be wise.
zebrabing

I have uploaded this video of the fault so that you can see.  Chat is useless today as the system is down, and a 10 min call back has taken over an hour  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQv5GjP5nWM

The modem has dropped 3 times this morning.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @zebrabing, thanks for getting that video over to us.

On checking the account, it's my understanding that we've now arranged an engineer appointment with you.

Please let us know how you get on.

zebrabing

I will do, Mohammed was ale to see the sheer volume of internet drops, as well as the awful line.  so I should not be charged, i will try to keep a diary as well.