cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent ping, loss of packets

bombermanuk1
Hooked

Intermittent ping, loss of packets

I have tried changing routers and plugging directly into master socket with no success, seems to happen more in the evening.

If someone can do a test and I think I would need an engineer to sort it out

6 REPLIES 6
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Intermittent ping, loss of packets

Hi @bombermanuk1, welcome to the forum.

Hi there, I've had a check of the connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere as GEA service test failed as shown below, although our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out as it could be caused by something internal.

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA    

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1615
Description Potential HR Joint or wet joint detected on GEA Service. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location CE
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 48.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 14.7 Mbps
Appointment Required Y
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 663.8
Upstream Rate Assessment Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed on Weekends
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 12:15 to 12:30
Interference Location Unknown
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-49M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-06-03T14:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 35.0 Mbps 49.0 Mbps 48.3 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 10.7 Mbps 14.6 Mbps 14.1 Mbps
Up Time 735.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.3 Sec
Retrains 0.0 3.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-06-16T12:43:08Z 2019-06-16T12:58:08Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

We would need to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault, please click here to raise the fault and let us know once you've done it so we can progress the fault for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
bombermanuk1
Hooked

I have ruled out internal wiring by plugging in router directly to master socket behind the face plate. I have also tried with several devices on the network each having the same issue (wired and wireless).

I have put a fault on in my profile but so far it has not been acknowledged, could you give me any further details?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry for the delayed response, I've added a reply to your fault ticket now. Once you've responded with the requested information if you can nudge us over here we'll be happy to try to get this picked up a little sooner.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bombermanuk1
Hooked

I accidentally closed the ticket! Can you reopen it?

On the same note, always good practice to have a confirmation box for things like close actions
bombermanuk1
Hooked

Plus net. I am really quite annoyed at your processes and tone of this email. This is e is not resolved!!

have followed all steps and have an engineer booked to resolve the issue. Open the ticket again and do not close until resolved!

Your speed fault

Hello colin, 

During the investigation of your reported fault we asked you to complete some steps to help us diagnose the problem. You have reported that you are unable to do so. 

As such, we're unable to continue the investigation so have had to close the query. 

This also means you will not have the right to leave your contract without paying any cancellation fees at the end of the 30 day period from the date you raised the fault, or the date we have set out in previous emails. 

If you are still concerned about your speeds, please use our online speed tester at: http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/ (more info) and we have some advice on the things which can affect broadband speeds on our help pages.

Kind regards, 

Plusnet Customer Support 
www.plus.net 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Several posts released from Spam Filter and duplicates removed.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

bombermanuk1
Hooked

I would also like to state that my right to leave timescale remains the same as I have indeed followed all the steps