Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent/no access

easuter
Dabbler

Intermittent/no access

Hi,

After getting home about an hour and a half ago, I noticed that I had no internet access. The hub cycles through flickering orange, showing the "b" LED and very rarely will turn blue for a few minutes before the connection drops again.

I tried calling tech support but gave up after half an hour on hold.

Is there an outage (given the other post titles in this subforum) or is this a problem with my line?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
easuter
Dabbler

Re: Intermittent/no access

To any moderators: please feel free to delete this thread, service returned this morning.

Thanks

easuter
Dabbler

Re: Intermittent/no access

Scratch that, same issue again today after getting home. Was on a call with an agent (who sounded too ill to at work anyway...) for more than an hour and the only outcome was that the line test was inconclusive and the issue would have to be passed to the "faults team" and it may take a few days to have a reply...

The hub's admin page shows a connection that lasts about 20 seconds, during which time the hub light is orange and doesn't flicker, only do lose the connection again and the light flickers orange.

I definitely find it strange that both yesterday and today the connection is down at the same time that everyone else is also getting home from work, but is fine in the morning...network load issue?

Lastly: Plusnet, if your callcenter agents have the flu please treat them like human beings and send them home. The agent who took my call was obviously struggling and needed rest.