cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent issues - various sites

lifson

Intermittent issues - various sites

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been getting intermittent issues visiting websites.  Speed tests seem normal (around 50Mb down), this is affecting all devices (Windows 10, Windows Server, Chromebooks, Android phones), and I've seen it in both Chrome and Edge. 

Some sites, seemingly at random, either time-out or come up with the BT Wholesale "Service Information" page (screenie attached).  If I try to reload the page, sometimes it will then load, sometimes it continues doing the same thing.

Some stuff I've tried: 

- Reboot modem and router

- Units have been powered off between occurrences

- Use auto-assigned DNS

- Use Google's DNS

This is getting increasingly frustrating. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Intermittent issues - various sites

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

You'd usually see the BT Wholesale service info page when your connection drops. From what I can see your connection seems to be stable with very few drops:

When websites time out is this over a wireless or wired connection to your router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lifson

Re: Intermittent issues - various sites

Hi.

Main rig has a cable straight to the router, server has 2 lines into a switch, then into the router. Laptops, Chromebooks, & phone are all wireless.

The BT page seems to be getting more frequent. I have certainly been getting it a lot over the past couple of days. The timeouts seem to be following a similar trend.

Thanks.