cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet connectivity issues always solved by resetting the router

tomewer

Intermittent internet connectivity issues always solved by resetting the router

On most days over the past few weeks the internet drop outs – there'll be an orange light and a red flashing "b" on the router (Hub One). Restarting the router by holding down the "Restart" button for ten seconds or so always seems to fix the issue.

Does anyone know if there's a solution to this (other than continuing to restart the router every time it happens)?

4 REPLIES 4
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Intermittent internet connectivity issues always solved by resetting the router

@tomewer  Welcome to the Forums.

You could have a line fault. I assume you are on Fibre to the Cabinet since you have a Hub One. try and avoid resetting the Hub as much as possible as the line systems (DLM) will keep reducing your download speed until it thinks it can get a stable line.

Have you followed the troubleshooting guides on the PlusNet website. https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ 

Once you have done all the tests they suggest  and if you still have an issue, you will need to log a fault either via phone or via faults.plus.net

It might take a few days for them to come back to you after they carry out their tests on the line. They might have to send an engineer out depends on the issue.

tomewer

Re: Intermittent internet connectivity issues always solved by resetting the router

Thanks for the advice.

I've followed the troubleshooting guides and everything else is as it should be.

I've tried logging a fault via faults.plus.net but that just redirects me to a thank you screen as if I had already submitted a fault ("Thanks, you've given us all the information we need to investigate your problem...").

Is there another way of logging the fault other than calling Plusnet? I'm hoping to avoid that as the hold times are terrible (as I learned from a previous issue).

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

the faults.plus.net link seems to not be working properly currently

Sadly it looks like you will need to ring them

tomewer

[-Censored-]. Thanks.