cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent fibre drop out

RT

Intermittent fibre drop out

Hi,

I'm new to the forum - sorry if this is a thread that has been dealt with before. 

I have a plus net fibre router that has been giving me problems. It is connected via the main phone socket and with a nether orbit connected to it via ethernet. The TV and various media devices are connected via ethernet, all computers and phones are connected via wifi. We have a home office and the dropped connections are interfering with VOIP calls which is a bit of a problem. Boyfriend made an hour long phone call to Italy on my landline because he got irritated that VOIP wouldn't connect...

The router used to drop connections before - and an engineer came out from BT who assessed the line and couldn't find a fault with the line. Plusnet have a log of my dropped connections but also couldn't find a fault. I think it was something to do with using my mac air and since a software update there hasn't been a problem. 

This time the dropped connections don't seem to be related to my mac. They last a few seconds and then come back up.

I'd really appreciate some help fixing it. 

Thanks

Ruchi

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Intermittent fibre drop out

Hi Ruchi, 

From what you've described it sounds like the WiFi connections are dropping, your connection logs here and line test results definitely add weight to that being the issue. 

I'd try following the checks here next: https://goo.gl/OwfjxM

Let us know how you get on with this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team