cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent fauls

hevans
Grafter

Intermittent fauls

I have sufferef from intermittent faults off and on and am constantly amazed at how many routers I have had to replace. My current router Billion Bipac8000 is a couple of months old and all has been working well for a while.
Last two days or so I get drop outs all day long, the router loses it's dsl and internet lights for a bit, not more than a minute, then they come back on and everything goes back to normal. It has been doing this several times an hour which I notice as I work from home and am on the pc most of the day. When it is back up, the 'internet' light flickers all the time, does that mean there is a line problem ? The phone line has no detectable noise just a normal clear dial tone.
I understand that there are issues in different parts of the country with flooding etc but we have had none round here. I was told the line has been tested when I had the last load of issues and is fine.
I have not heard of anyone else having issues ( normally everyone tells me if they can't get online but have had nothing so am assuming it is not a widespread problem with the phone lines or exchange.
1 REPLY 1
hevans
Grafter

Re: Intermittent fauls

I have seen the connectivity loss reported by the exchange (MUX card issue reported yesterday and due to be cleared tomorrow ) but my issues have been ongoing for a t least 24 hours before that.