Intermittent disconnects

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Intermittent disconnects

Thanks @getmethemanager

Keep us posted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
getmethemanager

New router arrived today, with thanks.  I'm replacing all hardware including all peripherals. Frustratingly, after several drops this morning 9-9.30, I think four in total, we've experienced none in the last 8 hours (typical). So I've replaced all hardware and we'll see. Will keep you posted and try to note any drops over the  next 48 . Thanks.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for that @getmethemanager 

Will keep you posted and try to note any drops over the  next 48 . Thanks.

Give us a shout if anything more transpires and we can assist accordingly. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

getmethemanager

No apparent dropouts since new router and all peripherals were fitted. 24 hrs ago. 

Will continue to monitor.

Thanks.

getmethemanager

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to see the issue has been resolved with a new router.

If you need any further assistance feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aeneareid
Rising Star

Back from a trip to Sweden and checking out our router logs. Alas, our intermittent disconnects are back.

Since my last report on 22 July, we had a period of three days with no breaks, then we had breaks at the following times:

27 July  07:54
28 July 02:07
29 July 02:26
31 July 05:16
1 Aug 00:38
2 Aug 02:54
5 Aug 03:37 and 18:39

We were out of the country from 15 July - 2 Aug, so it's not something we are doing that triggers the breaks. Until 5 Aug, all breaks were through the night but then we were hit at 18:39.

So it seems we're not yet out of the woods but not worth calling out another engineer yet. Given that the majority of our outages are in the early hours of the morning, I can't help wondering if there is some external activity that is triggering the breaks. If it were truly a weakness somewhere in our line, surely the break times would be more random than this. Is it possible that there could be some routine maintenance being carried on that might be the trigger? One of our visiting engineers did mutter something about such a possibility but had no ideas on how to establish if this was the case.

aeneareid
Rising Star

Aargh, no sooner had I pressed enter on my last post, than we had another service break:

7 Aug 22:14

Now if breaks at that sort of time of were to become more frequent then I really would get irritated.

aeneareid
Rising Star

I have posted a histogram of number of disconnects against time of day in my support ticket.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks @aeneareid,

@Gandalf is currently out of the office but I have updated the support ticket here with further info.

Thanks.