Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent disconnects

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: Intermittent disconnects

You can still access tickets for however long back you want - the drop-down is still there but due to the rather poor colouration, it is just not obvious!

Capture Qdropdown.JPG

The red circle indicates where the drop-down selector can be found.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for closing it. We did seem to get that ticket in a bit of a mess.

I've created a new ticket: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=191343609 now.

You should still be able to view all tickets and service notices from your account for the past 2 years just like us.

Let me know how it goes over the next few days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aeneareid
Rising Star

Thanks for organising the new ticket. Will let you now how things go. We're going to be away from home from tomorrow (20 June) evening until late Monday evening but will leave the router switched on so I can check the logs on my return to see of there have been any dropouts.

And thanks to you and @Townman for pointing out that old closed tickets can be viewed. The icon indicating a drop down menu to choose the time period is so minuscule that I had failed to spot it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, here's to a stable connection upon your return. The icon on the drop down menu is also very small!

Hope you have a good time away.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aeneareid
Rising Star

Oh dear! We had a dropout last night at 02:08, so not out of the woods yet. I'll report again on Tuesday, once we're back home again and can look to see what happened whilst we were away from home.

There is an emerging pattern, however, that most of the dropouts happen in the early hours of the morning which might suggest there is an external cause. But what on earth could that be?Huh

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It looks like we picked up on that disconnection too: 

Do let us know how things look when you get back. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
aeneareid
Rising Star

Back from our long weekend and here is the report on line drops since engineer #8 visited on 18 June.

19 June: no disconnects

20 June: line drop 02:08

21 June: triple line drop – 06:22, 06:27, 06:31

22 June: no disconnects

23 June: line drop 05:12

24 & 25 June: no disconnects

So, overall picture is that line drops are less frequent than they used to be and, so far, all occurring in the early hours of the morning. And our line speed is still good (29 Mbps on Ethernet this evening). I would like to continue monitoring and reporting back to you for a few weeks, while we assess whether things have stabilised. So please keep the ticket open for now.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @aeneareid,

Thank you for letting us know how you're getting on with your connection, it's good to hear that things look to have settled down.

This thread will stay open for you, please don't hesitate to get back in touch on here if you experience any further connection problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
aeneareid
Rising Star

There has been a distinct improvement in the stability of our internet connection since my last report but, alas, we’re not entirely disconnect free.

I have posted an update report in ticket #189394230

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for getting back to us,

Your connection does look a lot more stable:

Do you see more drops than indicated above?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aeneareid
Rising Star

Thanks for confirming your Radius logs agree with my router logs. I haven't noticed any more drops than those in the logs indeed I only notice those because I check the logs, though they do sometimes show up in our weather station data as well.

I will continue monitoring and report back if there are any changes in the level of service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, it's good to see that there have only been 2 drops in the past 17 days.

Let me know how your monitoring goes. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
getmethemanager

Ive been having this issue for the last month. I raised a ticket 2 weeks ago and had no response since 20/07. I've requested a new router (that I've had to fork out delivery for - Why does the router take five days if I'm paying top dollar for delivery?  ) as all sockets/test sockets are not improving the situation. I do to have an alternative router but have changed the microfilmer. I had three random dropouts this morning. Having read the posts in this thread it would seem I may have an issue at exchange. I have split the SSID and have a separate one for the 5GHz that I have put this laptop onto and am not seeing any improvement.

I'm trying to do as much as possible to avoid the need for an engineer and cost.

Any assistance (Radius diagnostic) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @getmethemanager,

I'm sorry to hear this intermittent fault is still ongoing and I apologise for the frustration and upset caused.

I'd advise awaiting the delivery of that router and monitor the connection from there, if the fault is still occurring do get back to us as it's more than likely we'll need to arrange an engineer appointment.

As for an update on the router, I can see here the order is processing and awaiting dispatch.

Thanks

getmethemanager

Hi there. Thanks for the response. Will let you know as and when we've tested with new replacement router.