cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection

raffertyj4

Intermittent connection

Hi all, our connection seems to drop every so often. I’d say every half an hour or so, maybe less sometimes. Then it’ll go back to normal after a minute or two. Any ideas what might be causing this?
14 REPLIES 14
Creepy

Re: Intermittent connection

Hi.

I have had the same issue for months and in the course of investigating plusnet appear to have reduced by broadband speed town to 5.8mbps also and can't increase it again. I am upgrading to fibre to see if this resolves the whole situation.

Are you ADSL or fibre?

raffertyj4

That’s not good! I’m on Fibre.
Creepy

I got on to them and three weeks later they gave me a discounted fibre package. Openreach have been twice and no line issues.

I am not sure what the issue is but drop outs seem frequent. I will follow your thread.

I hope you get a resolution

raffertyj4

Spoke with them today and they asked me to change the wireless router settings to turn off syncing with 2.4 GHz wireless, which I’ve done and need to monitor for a couple of days. Seems to be better so far but we’ll see!
nosnibor73
Dabbler

We have had this problem for over a month now.  We've had 3 engineers out, who every time tell us they've sorted the problem only a couple of hours later the drop outs start again.  We are currently getting 11mbps, last week we had 44mbps. Its clearly a huge problem at Plusnet that needs to be sorted, as this is not the service we are paying for.  I have unlimited Fibre.

raffertyj4

Hi Dabbler, it is so frustrating isn’t it? Try doing what I mentioned above, it seems to have worked so far for us.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

Our tests aren't finding any issues and I'm glad that de-syncing 2.GHz has helped.

Let us know if you have any further issues.

@nosnibor73 I've replied to your thread over here.

@Creepy from what I can see your fibre order has completed but there's no active connection showing at the moment. Is your new router setup and plugged in?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nosnibor73
Dabbler

Thanks raffertyj4, we tried your suggestion and unfortunately nothing had changed! We have engineer number 4 coming out at some point!

Zjoel

Hi,

I am also experiencing intermittent internet. Its been very bad the last few days, where it cuts out for just 10-60seconds constantly. Watching any tv like netflix is almost impossible. 

I have moved the router, reset twice, the router is currently plugged into the master plug, and I have tried a different microfilter... any help appreciated? 

raffertyj4

Try what they told me to do... go into your router settings and turn off syncing 2.4ghz wireless. Our situation sounds a bit like yours and this solution worked.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Zjoel Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Your connection is certainly intermittent as shown below

Our tests aren't showing any cause for this so I'd recommend raising a fault here so we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Zjoel

Thanks raffertyj4
I have logged on, but as I have a 2704n router I don’t think its configuration is split, so there is no option to turn off syncing to the 2.4ghz... I will have to log the fault
Creepy

Hi
I ended up negotiating a fibre deal as the adsl issue could not be resolved.
No issues since
Zjoel

@Creepy good to know! Will keep it in mind if the current issue can't be fixed