Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection problem

Bluepanido
Hooked

Intermittent connection problem

Hi,

could someone at Plusnet look at my line or router or whatever and try to diagnose and fix my problem please.

The internet connection seems to be interrupted intermittently. Hapens a few times an hour. This is across numerous devices, all connected via wi-fi. It could be a Whatsapp message which doesn't send for a while, or a webpage not loading, or the Xbox disconnecting from the router (have to type the password in), or the Firestick losing connection. 

I have an Openreach master socket. Doesn't seem to be much of an issue with the speed when I do a speed test (although it's never the advertised 38Mbps).

Please help. Everyone in the household is becoming quite frustrated!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Intermittent connection problem

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. I've tested your line today and there doesn't appear to be any drops in your broadband connection for the past 7 days with your router getting a line speed of 38mbps.

Based on that and what you've said it sounds like the problems are more down to the wireless signal within your home. Can you give the steps Here and Here a go letting us know how you get on? If you're unable to connect to the WiFi at all you may need to carry out those steps over a wired connection as that will enable a good connection to your router. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet