cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection / pages and apps loading slowly or dropping connection

leaharmes

Intermittent connection / pages and apps loading slowly or dropping connection

Hello - I've only recently (in January) changed to plusnet and since my go live date, I have noticed intermittent issues when loading web pages and apps. I'm on fibre unlimited and the router is showing a download speed of 40MB.

We mainly use devices connected via WiFi and apps such as facebook, ebay & messenger. There is sometimes a delay with notifications where they all come through at once, but the most annoying is waiting for comments to load on facebook or items to load on ebay. We often switch over to 4Gon our devices, as a short term solution, but being limited on data this is not ideal.

The laptop and TV are used mainly to stream Netflix / YouTube, both connected via WiFi, and the issues occur whether these are on or off. I have only had the odd issue with Netflix buffering at 25% but touch wood, a restart of the app has resolved it. 

Husband is complaining about his mobile apps also, especially when he's half way through a game of Risk!

I searched for similar issues and I'm considering changing my DNS settings to 192.168.1.254 & 8.8.8.8, but this won't apply to the whole network, just the laptop? If this is the case, I will still see issues with my main devices. 

Any help resolving this would be appreciated. Thank you.