Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Loss of Connection

Matt2725
Dabbler

Intermittent Loss of Connection

Hello,

Over the past month or more, I have been experiencing intermittent loss of connection to all my devices, including a loss of wi-fi connection to the router itself.

The light on the router remains at a steady blue state, despite there being no connection present on any device during these periods. Just on Sunday, I was able to maintain connection for up to an hour before the connection once again dropped for upwards of 10-15 minutes at a time.

Before the weekend, it was quite common for my connection to drop in the later hours or early hours of the morning, sometimes for over an hour or more (I assume as I usually went to bed before it came back up). 

However today, my partner mentioned how the connection went down for a number of hours whilst I was at work.

I plugged the router into the master socket but that doesn't seem to have helped.

I have tried the online help to get some answers, but was directed to the standard phone number which frankly I get bored of after holding for 30+ minutes.

Can someone do a check of my line and find out just what is going on?

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Intermittent Loss of Connection

Hi there, 

I've just been running some diagnostics and everything looks fine. Have you been able to see if the connection drops over a wired connection to the router?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team