cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Dropouts curiously solved

KiwiPaul
Dabbler

Intermittent Dropouts curiously solved

For the last few months after getting an Fibre connection there were intermittent dropouts to the service with the router dropping connection then reconnecting, the drop outs varied from hours to a couple of days.

I had had an engineer visit who swapped the router and throttled the connection speed back which made no difference.

However a couple of months later I've now had 8 days of continuous service with no dropouts which is great. 

I'm presuming the problem must have been a faulty card in the street fibre cabinet which periodically reset the connection which has now been resolved as nothing at my end has been changed, again presumably other folk complained of the same issue leading to the engineers investigating the problem with greater depth. 

I'm a Telecoms Tech by trade although not with ADSL services so I have a reasonable hunch to where the issues were but of course trying to convince the ADSL provider of my hunch was futile.

Anyway for the moment at least all seems to be well, fingers crossed it will stay that way.

1 REPLY 1
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Intermittent Dropouts curiously solved

Glad to hear that this is on the mend, @KiwiPaul

Your estimation is likely correct, though it would be difficult for us to confirm this as the work to resolve this may have taken place independently, rather than via direct fault report from ourselves.

Please keep an eye on things and if there's anything else we can do, just drop us a line,.

Best wishes

Dave