cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermitent unusably slow speeds, never when openreach come out.

Salty22

Intermitent unusably slow speeds, never when openreach come out.

Since last wednesday my usual 40/10 average fibre extra has been intermitently dropping to around 10mb down and 0.1-0.3mb upload which makes it almost unusable.

Fault was reported and an Openreach guy came out yesterday, at the time he came out around 10:30am it was connected at 38/12 so he said it seems to be working fine, line is fine, must be a problem with my bt smart hub router.

Anyway he left and by 11:38am it was back to slow speeds. 

I know my router is working fine so i went to currys and bought a TP Link Archer VR900, had it on for 24 hours now and the speeds are as poor as ever.

Apparently theyre coming out tomorrow again.

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Intermitent unusably slow speeds, never when openreach come out.

Hey @Salty22,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm really sorry to hear you're still having trouble with the connection of your service despite already having an engineer our. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the frustration caused.

We'll know once the engineer has visited, feel free to give us a nudge on here letting us know how it went.

Thanks.

Salty22

Todays engineer was a lot more helpful, it was luckily playing up when he came so he was able to find a 3 different faults on the line around 90m from my house, all 3 are fixed and it seems to be stable at 41/11 now.

Hopefully this keeps up.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Salty22,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm pleased the engineer found the likely cause and the issue seems to be resolved. I've updated the ticket with this information and the ticket is now closed.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF