cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving

iruhaku101
Hooked

Interleaving

I had a period of instability on my line (2 days, I think my exchange was having G.INP activated as before it was off. I've been put on interleaving 16 (DSLREPORTS) downstream, fast path upstream. I was wondering how long until fast path is reactivated as I've been up now for 177 hours. Will I have to reset my router or will it auto disconnect when the DSLAM decides to enable fast path? (If it does of course which I hope I hope it does) Router is a netgear D7000
3 REPLIES 3
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Interleaving

Is it causing you any problems?

An interleaving depth typically of 4, 8 or 16 is the tiny amount of interleaving that accompanies G.INP as implemented on Huawei FTTC cabinets. You've got G.INP on your downstream, there's probably little to no measurable increase in latency except on data that actually gets retransmitted.

Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I will second what ejs has said above, I have a Billion 8800NL modem on my FTTC line and this has always connected with 16 down and 1 (or as you call it fastpath) upstream. This has caused no problems whatsoever and we as a family play many on-line games so latency would be a problem.

Our speed is always 79999 downstream and 19999 upstream (as reported by DSL Stats) with headline speeds of over 120000 downstream and 22000 upstream (both unobtainable sadly). We also have Vectoring turned on; the modem can handle both Gimp and Vectoring and switched it on as soon as Openreach upgraded the cabinet, again no difference to the speeds or latency.

So don’t worry about it just let your modem do its job, your connection will become sold as a rock if it is anything like ours, the only time we get dropouts is if the power goes out or if the contractors screw up in the cabinet and cross our line with someone else (it happened LOL).

iruhaku101
Hooked

It hasn't caused any problems at all and yes DSLstats reports the same as yours pretty much, 79999 down 19999 up with huge unobtainable figures. Connection has always been solid uptime before G.INP enable was 5 months so long may it continue, was just curious, thanks 👍