cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleave Activation?

Zad
Grafter

Interleave Activation?

After a nice few months of 49MBit/s down / 12MBit/s up and 11ms latency to the BBC server, with very little packet loss, my connection reset last night. Latency has gone up to 19ms, and speed down a chunk to 44.8Mb/s / 11.8Mbit/s. It did something similar once before, not long after installation when there was a HUGE thunder storm and lots of close-by lightning. It took about a month before the BT diagnostics realised the noise wasn't really that noisy.
BTWholesale's tester + diagnostics are showing "IP Profile for your line is - 46.64 Mbps" when a week or so ago it was 50. Oddly it is showing my upload at only half of the profile speed (9.55 / 20) but its always been around that mark.
My Broadband Ping
The spike at 4pm is me resetting the router to see if I was just on a laggy aggregator. Sadly I wasn't.
Previous days graphs:
Tuesday: My Broadband Ping
Monday: My Broadband Ping

Anyway, TL:DR - has interleaved activated itself on my line?  I guess there's *still* no way for PlusNet to reset it (come on BT, get your finger out) but it seems odd that it just activated itself when I have noticed almost no packet loss on the line. If anything I'm getting more packet loss now than before.
For anyone interested in the long term trend graph. Obviously ignore the superimposed solid lines, TBB's trend graphing algorithm is rather poo.
2 REPLIES 2
sjptd
Grafter

Re: Interleave Activation?

The upload profile will always be 20, it isn't managed in the same way the download one is.
It looks very much as if DLM has turned on interleaving on your line.  The addition of 8ms latency is exactly what you would expect, as is that drop in speed.  I am afraid still not much PlusNet can do about it.  There seem to be quite a few reports of DLM returning lines to non-interleaved after only a few days rather than the previous time of around 3 weeks.
No helpful suggestions I am afraid, I can just say good luck with it fixing itself.
Zad
Grafter

Re: Interleave Activation?

Okay, thanks for the info. It reset a further twice last night, but since then seems to have stabilised. Just one more quirk of BT's hardware I guess - it could be anything from faulty software to the after-effects of a BT engineer rummaging around in the cab.
Cheers!