(Interesting) Website timeout problem

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: (Interesting) Website timeout problem

Cheers for getting back to me Jim.

If your web browsing is fine now, I'm not confident that we'll find any issues when performing a dial test. Looking back on this thread and your connection logs, was it only Saturday evening when you've had the issue (Since I fixed things)?

image15702061115886

If that's the case that's not going to be anything a dial test can investigate. What we'd do a dial test for is if everything looks spot on and connected and you're unable to browse the internet. Personally in the past 5 years of being here I've only ever seen a dial test find an issue once, as all it does is specifically rule out an issue with your account itself (not the phone line).

It's difficult to say what the drop that Saturday night was, line tests aren't showing any issues. I'd recommend keeping an eye on things and if you notice any further drops, it's worth checking if your router is connected into the master socket and if that's the case I'd report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JimF
Grafter

Yes, only on the Saturday, it has been fine otherwise. I'm happy to do as you say, I think it is an intermittent fault, which started in the second week of August.  I will therefore leave the router active overnight.

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes, Jim

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the clarification Jim. No problem. I've closed the dial test ticket 194161078 now as we don't need to disturb our overnight business team anymore (:D).

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with or if the drops return.

Cheers,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet