(Interesting) Website timeout problem

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: (Interesting) Website timeout problem

Thanks for getting back to us Jim,

As far as we can see it was when my colleague said it was at the end of August (The 30th)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JimF
Grafter

Ok, thanks for all your help, I appreciate it.

Kind regards, Jim

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool, not a problem Jim.

I'd admit it's a really odd issue and something I've seen around twice in my 5 years.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JimF
Grafter

Well Anoush, just as I was beginning to think that the world was again facing the right way up, my broadband is out of action again.  I have gone a couple of years or more without problems and now it is one after another, can you look into this and get back to me please.

Fyi, there has been zero equipment or setting changes at this end.  I am currently using my  mobile as a hotspot to get online.

Best wishes, Jim

JimF
Grafter

Some more information: Early this morning I substituted a Plusnet router for my TP-Link one. I plugged it into the master socket and connected it to my desktop via ethernet. The Plusnet one synchronized, but still no internet, it displayed 20/70M for up/down. The Broadband network IP address was 87.113.10.80, which is certainly not my static address. I therefore suspect there are crossed connections again at the Plusnet end. I have returned to the TP-Link router and the internet connection returned in the early hours of this morning. Hope this helps.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @JimF,

How many devices were affected when you weren't able to browse the internet? Does using browsers make any difference?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
JimF
Grafter

,,,desktop using Win 8.1 and Win 10 and two laptops (both Win10). Tried Chrome and Firefox.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Thank you for confirming that @JimF,

As this is the case, the best next step would be for us to arrange a dial test to help us to investigate the issue and narrow down the cause of this problem. Please can you reply to the ticket here and confirm whether you would be happy for your password to be changed by the team that carry out the dial tests? Please send us another message on here once you've done this so that we can pick this back up and get this sent on to the relevant team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
JimF
Grafter

Just to confirm that I have responded on the ticket.

Jim

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Great, I've raised that to our overnight team @JimF.

Thanks.

JimF
Grafter

I switched off my router last night as required so that the password could be changed and the tests conducted, but now I have no internet because my (usual) password is no longer valid!  Obviously I am also unable to look at tickets for the same reason. Can someone urgently get back to me one this.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @JimF I’d recommend changing your password using the forgot password tool here https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ then updating the broadband password your router uses to connect to the internet at http://192.168.1.254

Happy to update you on the progress of the issue when I’m in the office soon.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JimF
Grafter

Many thanks Anoush, I am now back online.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that Jim. I believe we've not actually run a dial test yet due to an issue with the dial test computer but we plan to try again tonight. Could you switch your router off again tonight between 11pm and 7am if possible?

Also how's the web browsing going, are you still experiencing connection problems?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JimF
Grafter

Always nice to hear from you.

Yes, there was an issue last night with the dial test.  I shall switch off my router again late evening tonight.

Browsing is fine since you sorted my account/connection, except when internet goes down!