cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interested in sighing up plusnet

Bazzman

Interested in sighing up plusnet

Hi I am interested in sighing up for plusnet. I am currently a sky customer.
I am interested in the "unlimited fibre extra" package and yes it's available in my area.

The question I wanted ask will plusnet have to install any cables outside my house or will plusnet run through normal phone line ?

The reason I ask is because once we sighed up for virgin media and they had install cables outside my house and virgin media runs on cable.

Will plusnet use the same cables or will plusnet install new cables outside my houses or will plusnet run through normal phone line Huh

Thanks if anyone can help 😃
8 REPLIES 8
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Interested in sighing up plusnet

It comes over the normal phone line.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

They use the same (BT Openreach maintained) infrastructure as Sky do, so no additional cabling to be installed.

Bazzman

Thnx for the replies everyone

So where does the fibre come from then ?
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

The Fibre runs from the exchange to the BT green cabinet and then from this cabinet to your home over normal telephone wires.  See this simple explanation

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LesBiison
Dabbler

i have had no internet for 6.5 days bro....make up your own mind, only been with then 3 weeks...lost one already

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

As others have mentioned, it's fibre to the cabinet, that runs over the existing copper lines from the cabinet.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NSCOFFIELD
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Your phone line will be used from local street box, I moved in Jan from sky and plusnet is far worse for customer service , in fact the worst service of any company I have had to deal with.
Nothing but problems with broadband answered with nothing but stock answers from plusnet.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

As people have said, it'll be outside your property so you don't need to do anything, doesn't matter if you're in or not and I doubt you'll notice.

Only thing I noticed when switching to fibre was the landline went down for 5-10 mins while presumably they were making the switch, but I am sure you can live with that Smiley