cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing BT Openreach modem

Lightcyclist

Installing BT Openreach modem

Hello!
A BT engineer came to set up fibre optic in my new flat on Tuesday -though he didn't provide or install a modem, just changed the wall socket! I wasn't able to collect my plusnet router from the post office until after he had come and gone, so only found out when reading the instructions that he supposed to have installed one...
Anyway,  the wait to send another engineer out is long, so I've just bought an openreach modem myself that's arriving today.
I've had a quick search for how to set one up but can't find anything obvious -will it just work or does anyone know the settings needed?
Thanks a lot
4 REPLIES 4
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Installing BT Openreach modem

Did he also connect you to fibre at the cabinet? PN should have insisted on a next day revisit to install the modem.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

You shouldn't have to configure anything on the OpenReach modem. Just connect it to the PlusNet router and off you go (in theory!).
Wrighty11
Grafter

Hey Lightcyclist.
I am sorry to hear the engineer didn't provide the modem, to be honest they should have known better as usually the engineer appointment is mainly to provide the modem as well as update the phone socket.
It should be the case you just plug in the modem into your phone socket and our router into the LAN 1 socket and it should connect. You will need to set up the router too but just keep an eye on the DSL light on the modem, if its solid you will be good to go.
Lightcyclist

yes I plugged it in an it just worked!
Thanks