cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation woes

YoungMan

Installation woes

Oh dear .. things must be a bit busy ...
Supposed to get connected today, so waited in all morning.
Eventually spent almost an hour in two call queues, with the classic "you've come though to wrong numer ... pleas hold while I xfer you".
Promised a text or email once done. Now 8pm and nothing yet.
Is it Openreach, 'cos I know where one of their lads lives ...
3 REPLIES 3
grandadsshed
Dabbler

Re: Installation woes

done count your chickens on connecting you up when they say you will be connected ,, once they get your contract they time it so that the legal 14 days cooling off period is gone before letting you know its going to be a LOT LONGER than they promised ,, i now have to wait untill next year to get phone and broadband
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,146950.0.html
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@YoungMan
I can see the orders are complete but your not online.
As you're not using one of our routers I'm assuming you have your own?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
YoungMan

Aha! It transpires a fibre connection (even though its fibre to the local 'green box' and copper from there) is so quick, the old ADSL routers can't hack it.
You don't want AD Sir, let me introduce you to VD  Cheesy
Boy, did I spend some happy hours digging deep into my Huawei's parameters!  Crazy
But its all likkety-splikkity now thanks. New modem & router works a treat, so I'm doing a little speed training on upload, sending a video file to YouTube. Consistently 250k/sec upload speed - remarkable for where we are.
Thanks PlusNet, it all works great and we're zooming. Patience on both sides was all that was needed  Roll_eyes