cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation day

elevonic
Dabbler

Installation day

Hi, I will be having plusnet fibre installed next week, hopefully. I'll be changing from BT infinity fibre. The question I have is about the actual process. I already have an openreach modem installed, so why do they need to come in and swap it over? Also, will I need to leave my computer 'unlocked' so they can access the router and set it all up? I wont be in but somebody else will be. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Installation day

If this is just a migration, then don't expect an engineer to turn up as the migration is done remotely. Unfortunately, Plusnet have not been good at communicating this...
elevonic
Dabbler

I presume it is just a migration, I've sent Plusnet the MAC code.
AndyH
Grafter

Basically, Openreach will not turn up for a migration. If an end user does not have a modem, then Plusnet have to first wait for the migration to complete and then book it as a fault so an engineer can come out and provide a modem.
In your case, there should be a brief outage and then the service will work again (hopefully with Plusnet). The only change you should need to make is obviously the change the login details on your router. Have you received a Plusnet router?
elevonic
Dabbler

Ok, thanks for your help, saved a wasted day off!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

As AndyH has stated you dont need to wait in as it's all done remotely.
Once the new ordering system is in place this should be communicated better.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
elevonic
Dabbler

Went live yesterday, although it should have been today, good job I was (just) out of contract with BT. I still received a message saying an engineer will be visiting right up until yesterday.
AndyT
Grafter

Hi elevonic,
Glad to see the migration has completed successfully and your connection is working well.  Sorry about the text message, as Matthew said this is something we're aware of and it should be resolved when the new ordering system is implemented