cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info about Plusnet Hub One router

Nwls31

Info about Plusnet Hub One router

Hi there, new to Plusnet this week and I have a quick question...

I utilise all FOUR ethernet ports on my router, which previously was the TT supplied hg633 (iirc), now that I have a separate modem and router, that plug into each other via an ethernet port, I am one port short now.
To compound my issue I seem to have a dodgy port that does not work, most of the time, so I am down to two ports now. Have contacted support and they are sending me a new one out.
However I had it pointed out to myself on a forum I frequent, that Plusnet have just released the Plusnet Hub One router, which I have been told is exactly the same as a BT home hub 5, ...i.e, a combined router/modem, can anybody confirm if this actually is the case, or even better ....are any of you folk using one of the Plusnet variant's for their fibre connection ?
Thanks for your time  Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Info about Plusnet Hub One router

Details about the new hub one here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,145603.0.html
Reading that I doubt you'll be able to get one any time soon.
You can however use your old TT router here.
AFAIK the hg633 is very similar to their HG635. Details how to configure that for PN can be found here:
http://npr.me.uk/hg635.html
drwsynefoedd

Re: Info about Plusnet Hub One router

reply to Nwls31 regarding Plusnet Hub One: in case this helps, I signed up to switch my 76mbps fibre and phone line from BT to plusnet on 4th November, the switch is due to take effect in the next couple of days and I just called Plusnet Customer Services to ask when I will need to be at home for the Fibre engineer. He asked whether I already had fibre and I said yes. I have already received a Plusnet router. He said that to avoid having to send an engineer, they will send me out a Plusnet Hub One which includes a modem and router, plus an envelope for me to send my router back to them, and I got an email to confirm that the Plusnet Hub One had been ordered. Since you moved to Plusnet only recently, if you still are not happy with your router perhaps you'd like to call Customer Services again and ask them to send you a Plusnet Hub One (use your charm!) Good luck and all the best.