Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly Slow Loading Webpages Recently

ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Incredibly Slow Loading Webpages Recently

Hi,

In the last two weeks I have noticed long loading webpages, whether these are flash heavy or as simple as www.google.co.uk they take ages to load and sometimes just sit at a blank page.

I initially had problems a couiple of months back with the IP Routing issue where I was given a strange IP starting 149 which was not even coming up as Plusnet but rather BT.  I did a powercycle on my router, left it 30 seconds and now I am back on my 51 - Plusnet IP Range. After this things were fine until recently when loading webpages has gotten slower & slower.

I have have ran several speed tests via different sites and some come back at 70+ Mbps whereas others will be less than 1Mbps. Currently I am getting 70+ but still webpages are very slow to load.

I have done the usual, delete cookies/cache from the browser and I actively run ccleaner every day and to be safe ran a full virus scan with no results found. I believe this is not a local issue and I suspect either the router is at fault or the line or there is congestion?

I would appreciate if someone from Plusnet could take a look at my account and let me know if there are any alarm bells ringing, as usually I cannot fault the service.

PS I am connected wired straight to the router less than 1m away and I have noticed the wirless will drop atleast twice a week on my other devices (can see the wireless but fails to hold a connection and the signal goes from 5 bars to 1) which leads me to believe there could be a router fault. Again, a quick power cycle resolves this fault.

I have just ran a  BT Wholesale speed test and the results are:

Download Speed: 17.79Mbps

Upload Speed: 15.89Mbps

Ping: 318.00

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Incredibly Slow Loading Webpages Recently

is it all day ?  or just certain times

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

When I get back from work (roughly 6pm) it has been dreadful in the evening & throughout the day on Saturday & Sunday.
leno51
Dabbler

I don't know if your aware but there is planned maintenance that they say can cause nation wide disruption ..  http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=maintenance&ispservice_id=adsldial

ListerofSmeg
Grafter

I saw that but the maintenance was for Monday morning & was due to last four hours. So unless that has now lead into Tuesday I can't see how that would affect me, considering my fault has been ongoing for 2 weeks.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/  what does it say here ?

if you are on the new network , they are having major problems Sad   we can tell which you are on by the gateway

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
leno51
Dabbler

That link is dead "404 not found"

pittdj70
Dabbler

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Beat me to the post @pittdj70  Angel.    There are a couple of gash characters after the trailing / in the earlier URL

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I've been getting the same issue webpages slow to load been ongoing for a couple of weeks im on the 195 IP Range but not sure if im on the new network.

You are currently connected to gateway ptw-ag01.

This is located in Telehouse West.

dnpark38
Rising Star

Now get

Which gateway

Sorry, the tool failed to identify your gateway; this does not mean that anything is wrong with your connection.

Posting the following information as a reply to the Gateway Checker Issues topic in the Community forums will help us to diagnose the problem.

• core2-hu0-18-0-0.colindale.ukcore.bt.net (62.172.103.16) 4.878 ms
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
leno51
Dabbler

I'm getting this "

You are currently connected to gateway pcl-ag06.

This is located in City Lifeline House."  unfortunately I don't know what it means ...

ListerofSmeg
Grafter

You are currently connected to gateway psb-ir01.

This is located in Southbank Point of Presence.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@ListerofSmeg

That is the new network.  (all new network gateways have the letters "-IR" in the middle of the name)

You might like to look at this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/High-packet-loss-and-other-DNS-issues/m-p/1354749#U135... as you may have the same issue.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
popeyeuk
Grafter

I am also having this problem for the past couple of weeks ... terribly slow browsing at times but streaming Netflix is fine.

Gateway checker says :-

You are currently connected to gateway ptn-bng01.

This is located in Telehouse North.