Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasingly frequent dropouts and varying speeds

LAWMAN
Hooked

Increasingly frequent dropouts and varying speeds

Good Evening,

I've been with Plusnet for years and have had a couple of problems which were fixed, even if it took a while.  Recently my internet connection has been dropping like crazy and speeds are variable (when the connection lasts more than 4 or 5 minutes.

An engineer visited initially and could not find any issues and suggested I get a new router from Plusnet which I did and changed all the cables over, including the power cable.  The problem seemed fixed for a couple of days but has started again, and today another engineer visited.  The fault was visible whilst he was here and he said it appeared to be the filter on the master socket as when he connected directly he couldn't detect any problems.

He changed the front plate and left.  Within half an hour or so, the problems started again and then got progressively worse over the day.  I thought that might be down to some kind of testing but it's continued and gotten worse to the point where I'm lucky if I get 5 - 10 minutes of connectivity.

I have no problems connecting the hub at all.  I've attached the helpdesk logs from the last 45 minutes.  I've reset the router, removed the front plate of the master socket and connected the hub via an ADSL filter, as I've been previously advised by the support team.

Can anyone shed on light on this?  My wife works from home and it's causing her real difficulties.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Increasingly frequent dropouts and varying speeds

Hi @LAWMAN,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues that you've been experiencing. Having reviewed your account this afternoon, I can see that an engineer appointment has been requested, which can be confirmed here. Once you've had the chance to respond to the ticket, please let us know and we'll be happy to review this case further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
LAWMAN
Hooked

This is still not fixed....

I've been suffering these dropouts since the end of June.  I've had 3 engineers out so far, including an Openreach engineer who said to call him and he'd arrange for a senior engineer to attend.  I did so but they didn't turn up.

The disconnects have happened so often today it feels like the service has been down more than up.  I spoke to Support who said they'd escalate it and someone would call me back.  The connection has been so bad today I rang again and was told that someone was due to call me back 24 hours from yesterday and I'd receive a phone call later.  It's now passed 17:00 hours (and over 24 hours since my call yesterday) so I highly doubt an engineer will visit tomorrow which means another day of spotty connection.

My wife is currently having to work from home and the constantly dropping connection means she is dropping out of important meetings and VOIP calls.

It's reached the point where I'll be lodging a formal complaint and if it's not resolved / fixed soon, I'll raise the matter with CISAS.

Tallowhand
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi @LAWMAN, I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with your connection. We've escalated the fault back to our suppliers for further investigation and we're expecting an update from them soon, once we know more; we'll be updating your fault ticket.

Tony Hills
 Plusnet Help Team