Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing Line Profile Causing Router To Disconnect / TV Pictures To Break Up

Marketman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Increasing Line Profile Causing Router To Disconnect / TV Pictures To Break Up

My line profile when I joined Plusnet was around 24/10, since then I know there has been a relaxing of error correction which increased my profile to 28/2, then there was the increase in the upload speed, which gave me a profile initially of 28/5.5, but since then things have gone crazy with the profile increasing almost daily, yesterday reaching 37/4.5. At the same time my Router has experienced more and more disconnects and my internet TV channels have experienced more and more break-ups.

Just chatted to Online Chat who says there is no problem with line check, and says there will be a £65 charge for engineer if they find no fault outside my house, wouldn't listen to me when I pointed out that nothing in my premises could cause such a dramatic profile change. The problem I have is that the engineer may well not find a fault at the time he checks.

Can someone help please? Surely the line profile is the problem? I am on 24/10 broadband, it seems impossible for the line to work properly at 37mbps, I am quite some distance from the cabinet.

13 REPLIES 13
Marketman
Rising Star

Re: Increasing Line Profile Causing Router To Disconnect / TV Pictures To Break Up

Sorry last few words of post should be 40/10 broadband not 24/10!!

RTNI
Rising Star

Re: Increasing Line Profile Causing Router To Disconnect / TV Pictures To Break Up

Marketman
Rising Star

Yes seems like same problem, can someone have a look at this please, and before anyone asks the line check shows no fault AND the Router is plugged into the master socket AND my computer is wire connected to my Hub

Marketman
Rising Star

Just checked BTW speed test current 35.19/5.84 and that was from a wifi connecte laptop so actual is faster than that. max achievable speed 36.19 and 10

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Unfortunately there is no way round it other than changing router to one which allows the line speed to be limited

I had the same problem and using my Billion 8800NL I sorted it with the speed limited to about 42Mb/s

However since that the G.INP setting have been changed by the automatic system in the cab and it is now relatively stable at 49Mb/s although that may have been down to reduced crosstalk

the fact that a new fibre optic cable has been laid past my front door feeding some areas which presently can't get FTTC is possibly not relevant although it may well have reduced the crosstalk in the present main copper line by getting some of the users off it

Marketman
Rising Star

Is there a cap to reduce speed from 76mbps to 40mbps depending on if you are on unlimited fibre extra or not? It is impossible for my broadband to be sinking at 37mbps on 40/20 broadband, I am too far from the cabinet to allow that unless there is some sort of a problem - still showing on BTW speed test as max speed 37.21/10

Marketman
Rising Star

Connection just dropped again, first time I have noticed today.BTW speed tests showing 35.21 / 5.33, max achievable 36.22 / 10 . I suspect there have been more disconnects through the day. There was some break up of TV pictures early evening.

These results were on my wifi connected laptop some speeds greater than this.

Marketman
Rising Star

Pulled the log for around 10:15 disconnect last night:-

22:14 PPP LCP Send Termination Request (User Request)

22:14 PPoE is down after 222 minutes uptime

22:14 PTM over DSL is down after 222 minutes uptime

22:15 CWMP: Initialising Transaction for event Code 4 VALUE CHANGE

22:14 CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s) 4 Value Change

22:14 CWMP: Server URL: http://dpdtnhdpm.bt.mo ; connecting as user : ACS username

22:14 CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host

..........the last 4 lines then keep repeating until I press the reset button on the hub, then it starts up as normal.

While I was in the log I noticed dozens of:-

IN{ BLOCK (number) spoofing protection (IGMP followed by code)

................what is this????

Current BTW speeds 35.17 / 4.72, max achievable 36.22 / 10 via wifi

Marketman
Rising Star

Someone else having same problem? See 'CWMP Connection Failure' under Fibre Broadband forum.

Marketman
Rising Star

Just had another increase in speed (BTW Speed Test via wifi) : 36.26 / 4.8 interesting because its wifi AND test shows max achievable is 36.22, what's going on?

Marketman
Rising Star

No disconnects in the last 24hours!! Speed more stable 36.16 / 4.86 via wifi, 36.22 / 10 max achieveable. Still getting a lot of 'spoof protection' from hub log.

Marketman
Rising Star

Line seems to have stabilised, no disconnects, speed now fairly constant 35.53 / 5.86, interesting to see upload speed has increased with a corresponding decrease in download speed. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Marketman
Rising Star

Just checked BT Broadband Availability Checker, it states VDSL Range A (Clean) = 34.1 high, 22.4 low. so how come my last BTW speed test was almost 37? Is this possible?

The good news is I haven't had any router drop outs or picture break ups for a couple of days.