cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing FTTC speed

plus85

Increasing FTTC speed

Hi
Can someone please check my brothers stats, it seems there's a potential for faster FTTC speeds
----
Line Status:Connected
DSL Modulation Type:VDSL2
Annex Type:Annex A
Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (Kbps) 20000 63716
Max Rate (Kbps) 23574 73022
SNR Margin (dB) 6.8 5.8
Line Attenuation (dB) 9.6 11.8
Errors (Pkts) 0 0
----
Max speed is 73mb but he's only sync'd at 63mb? It's a TPLink W9980 - G.INP firmware though he's on an ECI cab so probably not relevant.
SNR's look decent, is there any way to get him to 73mb or do we put this down to crosstalk?
Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Increasing FTTC speed

Quote from: plus85
SNR's look decent, is there any way to get him to 73mb or do we put this down to crosstalk?
I don't think I would. My understanding of crosstalk is that affects the attainable rate. That looks to me like interleaving is active. My modem used to show the same thing back when I was monitoring it. It swapped between interleaved and none interleaved every couple of weeks. With no interleaving it'd say something like 70 attainable, actual 69.5, When interleaving was on it'd be attainable 74, actual 64.
My modem is no longer unlocked so I don't know what it says these days. There was a firmware update a couple of years ago that stabilised my line at 67Mb/s.
For what it's worth when I first got FTTC my modem was showing attainables of 94 down and 34 up. When last seen it was 69 down and 34 up. I believe that to be crosstalk.