Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased Latency and laggy connection

GeordieMark
Grafter

Increased Latency and laggy connection

Mornings guys,
The past couple of days I've noticed increased latency on my TBB graph, web browsing is noticeably laggy and speed tests are all over the place - They end up roughly around the 36Mbps mark (which I'd expect for my 39Mbps sync) but while the test is running the needle jumps all over the place.
I gave the router + modem a reboot last night but it's made no difference, before I raise a fault I'd like to see if the guys here can see any issues with my line that could easily be fixed.
BQM graph - http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/b0bfc1f63c4e986870fff5707f8a1c6a-08-09-2015.html
Thanks in advance
EDIT: To clarify no devices are connected overnight to cause that sort of latency by downloading etc
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Increased Latency and laggy connection

Nothing obvious on the tests I've been through, the sync is fine, the line isn't dropping much and the profiles are where I'd expect.
Does the problem happen at certain times of the day? I ask because your usage can be quite high and I want to try and eliminate the problem happening while you're downloading or uploading.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
GeordieMark
Grafter

Re: Increased Latency and laggy connection

Hi Chris,
Nope it seems pretty random, I've noticed it even when I'm the only one in the house / connected (checked the router to confirm this) but the BQM graph shows constant, identical latency which I wouldn't expect to see when downloading, or even when streaming Netflix I notice minimum latency shoots up, as per this graph...
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/0c5b97e451c321e58b6aa10bc1e9e168-06-09-2015.html