Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in BT profile

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Increase in BT profile

@thesawdust my issue has nothing to do with estimates this isn't a simple DLM intervention, maybe a  Modem SYnc  drop but all iknow is my profile was changed at plusnets end by MattyC and my BTW profile dropped that is the issue something went wrong and i want to know what and have it fixed if possible.
@Andy all iknow is mattyc changed my plusnet profle and the BTW one dropped, my plunest profile is still at 58Mb something went screwy 
Terranova667
Pro

Anything from DCT about this, why is it when I have a issue i get ignored and they go into hiding.   
thesawdust
Grafter

PN don't have control over DLM? So them matching BT's profile would not cause anything to screw up surely
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Altering a profile on our side does not, in any way, change any sync parameters.
From the visual radius graph below, you can match the timestamps on the data I've attached to the resyncs on the line.
So the disconnection you can see right at the start of the graph was the one that resynced you at 59996, giving a profile of 58000. The single disconnection at 11.30am yesterday was the one that synced at 52100, giving the current profile of 50400. There were also 4 disconnections within a minute at around 4.33pm, these did not impact the profile or sync.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Melancholie
Grafter

You can't manage a connection if you exactly match another rate limit elsewhere. When doing QoS across a pipe you don't have full control over you have to set a rate limit very slightly lower than the actual capacity of the circuit you are running management on.
Terranova667
Pro

@chris thanks for posting the graph and times but i know when it occurred as i say the the time of the drop to 50400  is when my profile on the plunest side was changed  the 4 disconnections at 4:30 was me when i got home dropping the session to get the new speed I didn't know before then that the BTW profile had dropped or in this case lost sync.  I also gateway hopped a bit because it kept landing on the BNG gateways and those don't hold on my connection for some reason it was only when i  ran speed tests and found nothing had changed that i then found the BT Profile had dropped. 
anyway you say changing profiles on your side doesn't cause sync drop but it clearly did the graph shows the drop at the time my plusnet profile was changed, Something must of went wrong has anyone talked to BTW as i asked to see what happened is there going to be an investigation of any kind or is it  going to be brushed under the carpet like everything else.      
@Melancholie not sure what you getting at with your response
Chris
Legend

At the moment there's nothing to speak to BTWholesale about. Your line connected at a lower rate, the profile changed to match this. Yes it was coincidental this happened around the same time Matty changed your profile but as far as we can see the DLM is working as it should.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Terranova667
Pro

@chris i dont see it as coinicdental it happend when it was changed that to me is a fault of some kind why is it you always brush stuff under the carpet and avoid doing anything when ever i ask of it,  is it me or something everyone else i see posting gets help me i get f' all, i'm getting rather pved off with this now.
AndyH
Grafter

It could just be that your line was not stable enough after DLM increased your sync speed to 59996 and that the sync speed has adjusted on your next PPP drop, which happens to be when you disconnected following Matty updating your profile.
Chris
Legend

It is unfortunate that your speed has dropped, but I am really not trying to brush things under the carpet. I've explained on previous threads why we can't open this as a fault, it'd simply get rejected.
Terranova667
Pro

Quote from: AndyH
It could just be that your line was not stable enough after DLM increased your sync speed to 59996 and that the sync speed has adjusted on your next PPP drop, which happens to be when you disconnected following Matty updating your profile.

it dropped when MattyC changed the profile the graph shows the time of the sync drop which matches the time mattyC made the change that Is the point i'm making, everything was fine up until i made that request and the plusnet profile changed,
Terranova667
Pro

@Chris this isn't the same as my previous issues this is totally different this occurred when one of your DCT colleagues changed my profile now you can say all you like it cant happen but clearly this time it did now why wont you investigate the reason why this happened rather than wash your hands of the problem  
Chris
Legend

If you have a fault, then you'd need to report this as a fault. However there is *nothing* that we can see showing any fault condition on your line, I already performed a line test which is how I gathered some of the information earlier.
the graph shows the time of the sync drop

Not quite, the graph shows PPP sessions to our RADIUS servers.
There is absolutely nothing showing wrong with your line or connection speeds. Yes they have dropped, but we've been over this in previous threads, this can happen as it's precisely how the DLM works.
Terranova667
Pro

I dont have a fault that needs to be reported you know that your just being funny and it's insulting
there was Sync drop when my plusnet profile was changed so of course there wouldn't be anything wrong with my line or fault with it,  the fault occurred at either the plusnet side of things, BTW or something in-between, something went wrong when the plusnet profile changed so why are you ignoring that fact. tell me why your so intent of not doing anything about this is the task to hard if so can you pass it to someone that would be willing and knowledgeable enough to do it  Angry
Chris
Legend

I dont have a fault that needs to be reported you know that your just being funny and it's insulting

That really isn't my intention, apologies if it's coming across in that manner.
something went wrong when the plusnet profile changed so why are you ignoring that fact.

I've not ignored that, AndyH has given a perfectly valid explanation of what could have happened. I'll reiterate, we cannot affect the sync directly from here.
tell me why your so intent of not doing anything about this is the task to hard if so can you pass it to someone that would be willing and knowledgeable enough to do it

There is nothing we can do, we've explained how DLM works and that as there is no fault on the line, there is nothing we can do.

I'm now going to step away from this thread and leave my colleagues and other posters to respond.