Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in BT profile

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Increase in BT profile

Hi i have found this morning that my BT profile has increase from 51Mb to 58Mb but my Plusnet one is still on the old 51Mb can someone on the DCT please adjust to match the BT one thanks  Smiley
59 REPLIES 59
Terranova667
Pro

Re: Increase in BT profile

anyone from DCT around to do the change ?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

You ok to give it a try now? Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Terranova667
Pro

all done thanks Mat  Smiley
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear it.
Terranova667
Pro

hmm seems although my profiles have increased from 51Mb to 58Mb and decpite me dropping the session I'm not getting any increase in throughput, speeds still as they were when my Profiles were 51Mb ie around 48Mb in throughput, the gateway i'm on is ptn-ag01 although i wouldn't have thought that would be the problem,  any ideas ? all tests done via ethernet  speed tests below
TBB test

Speedtest.net

AndyH
Grafter

Did you double check your Current Line Speed to make sure? Also, do you have access to your line stats to check the sync speed?
Terranova667
Pro

hmmm something very strange just did another BTW profile check and it's down to 50Mb that's less than i had before this mornings increase, Modem sync hasn't dropped as far as i know and doesn't DLM only make changes in the early hours , plusnet profile stil at the 58Mb it was changed to earlier this morning can some one on the DCT check to see what is going on  Sad  
BTW test added below
@andy I dont have access to stats my  BTO modem is locked and it's not one that is firmware flashable.
Terranova667
Pro

Can someone on the DCT please look into what happend yesterday did the modem loose sync ? did something screw up when Mattyc changed the profile at plusnets end because everything was fine up until that point, seems very strange that when the profile is changed at plusnets end it would drop the connection. 
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I altered the profile yesterday, but that shouldn't really have affected the sync rate.
I've run a check on BTW's side and it seems that you are now syncing at 52.1mb from their side. Unfortunately, it's going to be a case of waiting for this to change.
Terranova667
Pro

Matty any indication of what caused it to drop it only happened when the plusnet profile changed seems really strange that would happen something got screwed up somewhere clearly DLM was happy enough to increase the speed in the first place,
can you check with BTW what went wrong was it at their end or plusnets,   rather than just saying it's now lower which i know i wouldn't be posting again if it hadn't and asking me to wait for an increase again which took two months for yesterdays one.
something went wrong i would like to know what and have it fixed.  
AndyH
Grafter

I think Matty can possibly check the recent sync speed history, but I doubt you'll get an explanation exactly what happened (not that PN don't want to tell you).
Terranova667
Pro

@Andy it seems very strange that when i ask plusnet to adjust my profile after DLM had increased the BTW profile that the BTW profile would then drop,
I still dont know if the SYnc dropped with the modem or something went screwy at either plusnets or BTWs end, I dont see how sync history would help it's got nothing to do with that, the profile at plusnets end was changed and the one at BTW then dropped that's the issue.
so i would like to know what caused that and if possible have it fixed
rather than Plusnet tell me what I already know and asking me to wait again, why not get on to BTW and find out what went wrong and get it sorted. 
thesawdust
Grafter

as long the sync don't drop to low it's not much PN can do, what speeds does it say you are expected to get? https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm
AndyH
Grafter

The IP Profile is determined by the sync speed:
The upstream and downstream VDSL2 data rate is reported to the CP BRAS/Radius upon PPP discovery

I cannot see how changing the Current Line Speed Plusnet's end can impact the BTW IP Profile.
Can Matty see the higher IP Profile?