Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Wifi signal question.

adam1240
Grafter

Increase Wifi signal question.

Hello,
I'm on plusnet fiber, I wasn't satisfied with the supplied router, so brought my self a TP - Link WDR3600, to reduce connection drop out's (Which it has ALOT), however i'm experiencing Packet loss possibly due to my powerlines (Ethernet)
my room is so hard to get signal in then any other room - no idea why, possibly the walls, anyway how would I be able to get alot better WIFI in my room, or is there away to move my router from down stairs to the hall way without having wire's everywhere?
or any other solution's that will help (I Game a lot and need the best connection possible without having the router next to me)
2 REPLIES 2
sjptd
Grafter

Re: Increase Wifi signal question.

You could try using powerline from modem to router.  Should work ok in theory, but I remember at least one person having success with powerlines generally, but real issues using them between modem and router.  Could be an MTU/packet size issue.
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Increase Wifi signal question.

I'm having success with Powerlines.
I've got the modem right next to the master socket (obviously) and the Asus router on the end of a 10 metre Cat6. I've got a Netgear AV500 Powerline next to the router and 3 Netgear AV200's in various rooms.
Trying to be clever I got a set of TPLink Powerlines (the £100 triple pack from Maplins) with wifi but they made my wifi signal worse instead of boosting it. Turned up the Asus wifi power from 80 to 90mw and it's rock solid.
Let's be careful out there !