Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Upload Speeds

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Increase Upload Speeds

From what I can see you did the change online so you'll have been advised at the time that the estimated upload speed was 2mbps.
Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do regarding this I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

The idea that previous speeds are only available to those who currently have them, and will in future be denied to customers, is laughable. If a product exists it can be replicated. This is all about marketing and prices isn't it? nothing to do with technical issues (beyond what's set-up, and what's physically possible). Were I PlusNet, I might offer extra tariffs.
I was on the 80/20 Service, the speed decayed to the point that Fibre Extra couldn't be delivered and I was downgraded to 40/20, which seems to have become 40/10 over the last few weeks. I favour the faster up speed to post Digital artwork, I see the future as requiring a faster Up speed for everyone (as well as faster down!), and offering a piddling 2Mbps "take it or leave it" seems to an attempt to force many customers onto 80/20. As I said, I was on 80/20, but PN could not seemingly deliver above about 35Mbps after many months of close to 50Mbps. Should customers be penalised when the supplier can't deliver?
This issue looks like one inadvertently designed to lose customers, a snap, clever decision to boost income perhaps, that seems likely to backfire.
Estragon
Rising Star

Except they won't allow anyone with an estimate of 37/8 to order 80/20. Anyone with an estimate below 40Mbps can only have 40/2. Which is utter madness.
SpiritualBeggar
Grafter

I'm getting a tad paranoid now. I originally had 72Mbs sync when I joined. Over the past 2 yrs this has gone from 72-69-67-62, to the current 59Mbs with a throughput of 55Mbs. My upload used to be a constant 19Mbs throughput, but now hovers around the 11-13Mb mark. Is this Plusnets way of getting more people forced on to the 40/2 product, because the direction my connection is heading, thats the only choice I will be given.
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Maybe the thought is with ADSL2+ it is ~ 20/1 so double it up for fibre gives 40/2.  Voila.
Personally 40/10 would be better.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When people are prepared to pay for 80/20 but be provisioned on 40/10 and Plusnet say no is yet more proof that Plusnet has seriously lost the plot.
Quote from: camerongray1515
I am currently in a contract but if I'm honest I'd rather pay the cancellation charge than be stuck with 2mbps up.  However, before posting this I already arranged the move to be performed on the 20th of June.

The T&Cs say that if you are in contract and moving and Plusnet can't provide at your new property you can terminate without penalty. They also say that if if a detrimental change is made you can do the same. I'd say that you have a very strong case for being let off. Insist on that and if they refuse ask for a deadlock letter and go to CISAS - see http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml Going to CISAS will cost Plusnet a lot more than they will get from you cancelling in the unlikely event that you lose.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

In this day and age a 40/2 product when people use cloud storage etc seems to be a big retro step IMHO.
I'm pleased I changed back in Jan with the 40/20 option, there's no way I would take 40/2.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

@Mayfly - same here. The moment 40/2 becomes the only option for me, I am off to another provider.