cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrectly Provisioned?

Muttley62
Grafter

Incorrectly Provisioned?

My fibre contact recently came to an end and I was offered a discount to resubscribe.  However, since doing so, something does not seem right.  Before, I was on the 80/20 product and obtained speeds around 38-41 Meg, but I think that I have now been put on a different product.  See screenshot from BT speedtester.  Any thoughts anyone?
8 REPLIES 8
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Incorrectly Provisioned?

It seems that you are on the same profile on the BT side that you were before. Your throughput does seem to have dropped a little though. There is nothing immediately obviously at fault.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Muttley62
Grafter

So, if I'm still on 80/20 why does the BT wholesale speedtest show 10 as max upload instead of 20 as it did before? 
chrcoluk
Grafter

that screenshot does indeed suggest you on the 40/10 openreach product because the upstream IP profile is always at full rate.
WWWombat
Grafter

I agree that things on the upstream side point towards a 40/10 product. No question.
However, on the downstream side, the profile of exactly 38Mbps isn't what I'd expect for a line syncing at exactly 40mbps. It ought to be 38.72Mbps (or 38717Kbps to be exact).
Doesn't that suggest a sync speed of very slightly below 40Mbps? If that is the case, and the upstream sync is near 6Mbps, is there much point in worrying? Other than for the sake of completeness, of course...
I also wonder whether DLM has intervened here ... that might be the difference (downstream) between old & new figures.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
chrcoluk
Grafter

you may be right but if it was me that profile is too close for comfort to the 40 cap and if I wanted all the speed I could get I would insist on a profile change.
But if you right any gains from 80/20 would be from nothing up to maybe a very small amount for him.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Double checking the provisioned product now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your line is now showing on a 40/10 wholesale product, there was an automated order placed to move you to this which occurred in November. I'm going to place a modify order to move your wholesale product back to 80/20 but TBH as others have already said, this is unlikely to make a significant change on the speeds you're seeing.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Muttley62
Grafter

Thanks everyone, I know that the difference is perhaps only a few meg at most but this is where I was before and I would rather get the best out of my line.