cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving connection in daughter's bedroom

Interested
Grafter

Improving connection in daughter's bedroom

We live in an end terrace house. My daughter's bedroom is probably the farthest from the router. However we have a BT essentials WiFi extender 300 in her room but it changes from a green light (correct position) to an amber (too close to router) frequently. She has a desktop, internet connected light bulb and smart TV in her room. The internet connected light bulb and desktop only detect the extender connection. Her TV does detect the routers we have a Hub One connected into a Netgear Nighthawk XR500 but signal strength is very poor. We also have an open reach point in her bedroom but not sure if it is active. WiFi signal is intermittent. Any advice to improve signal greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Interested
Grafter

Re: Improving connection in daughter's bedroom

Although the Hub One light turned red I checked the open reach point and a dial tone can be heard when I plugged in a wired phone line.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Improving connection in daughter's bedroom

@Interested 

These are your options, what's best for you is dependant on your house layout and budget. https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/Distributing-Data-around-Larger-Proper...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'