cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegal restrictions placed on my account ... AGAIN!!!

CMF

Re: Illegal restrictions placed on my account ... AGAIN!!!

Sorry but, if you know when your payment is due & how much it is... why not just pay it on time ?!
If they require a DD set up- set it up and pay for the service that you use. Why should they grant you anything for FAILING to pay
If you can't afford internet- don't have it
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

@LouisejHughes24 Thanks for getting back to us.

From when your payment fails you should get 14 days to make the payment before any restrictions are applied.

It may be worth changing the billing date if the current one isn't suitable however you'd only be able to do this after your next bill is generated and paid off

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
LouisejHughes24
Dabbler

I know that but if you can see the screenshots I uploaded confirming my conversation, I was told that this was no longer the case and if there was no DD in place then I would be restricted and I was for just over a week! 

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

however you'd only be able to do this after your next bill is generated and paid off

Huh

As an example, my next bill has not yet been generated so I should be able to change mine (if I wanted to, but I don't, just highlighting something). As my previous bill was paid I would always be in a waiting state (until that bill was generated)

But there are some dates of which I can't select:

dd change.PNG

Why's that then? Every month starts with a 1 Wink

Other customers out there may want the dates they can't have...?

(just pointing it out) Wink

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi there,

I'm very sorry for the information that you were given by the customer service advisor. I can confirm that this was incorrect and that you still have the 14 days to make payment if the direct debit fails. Unfortunately, the restrictions were applied too early due to a system error. I'm sorry for the misinformation and I'll feed this back.

We run a 28 day billing system, so we're not able to have the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month as payment days. Customers that had their payment days as the 29th, 30th or 31st on the previous billing system were moved to the 1st when the new billing system is. As this is the case, we have a lot of customers whose billing is run on the 1st of the month so the billing team have decided to not offer this as an option for customers changing their payment date.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

We run a 28 day billing system, so we're not able to have the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month as payment days.

Yep, makes sense I suppose - Feb sounds like the limiting factor here...?

previous billing system were moved to the 1st when the new billing system

Guess having some on the 1st and others on other days could stop the 'current' 'new' system from 'crashing' due to demand, but hang on a mo, it's borked (for some) already!! (still think 28 days days should be 1-28 only, but that's only my thinking ;))

we have a lot of customers whose billing is run on the 1st of the month

Kinda supports my 'it can not cope' theory...

Anyhoo, we'll leave it there Wink

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@EmilyD wrote:

Hi there,

We run a 28 day billing system, so we're not able to have the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month as payment days.

Crazy2  Isn't there something odd here?  From the product offerings, contracts are based on calendar months not 4 week months?  I guess that this leads to confusion of calculating end of contract termination fees.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Lynnwarbo11

I have provided a more detailed update for you here

Hi @LouisejHughes24

I can confirm that the 14 days will remain in place for the duration before the services cut off. This is on the proviso that you have payment details updated on the account.

In terms of the billing date if you would like to get this amended then please let customer services know what date you would like the money to come out of the account, and then they can amend the bill date to a few days beforehand to allow payment to progress successfully. So if you want the funds to come out on or around the 30th of each month, we can change the bill date to the 25th for example. Please note you can change your bill date once every 4 months, so please be careful to make sure this is a date which will be convenient for the upcoming months.

Kind Regards