Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I switch to fibre...?

FIXED
kmw350
Rising Star

If I switch to fibre...?

I'm currently with PlusNet unlimited broadband, including anytime phone, and also have the BTSports HD package.

I'm considering switching to fibre. I've read the FAQs, but can someone please answer a few questions -

1 how long am I likely to be disconnected, between losing my old ASDL and getting the new fibre connection?

2 Is everything transferred equally painlessly - i.e my phone contract as well as my broadband?

3 And does my BTSports package remain unaffected or do I have to re-order it?

Thank you for any answers

3 REPLIES 3
bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: If I switch to fibre...?

1 how long am I likely to be disconnected, between losing my old ASDL and getting the new fibre connection?

It was about half an hour for me.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

Hello there,

It shouldn't be long, I think at most it's usually an hour.

2 Is everything transferred equally painlessly - i.e my phone contract as well as my broadband?

If you already have a home phone service with us, that would remain unchanged.

3 And does my BTSports package remain unaffected or do I have to re-order it?

That should also remain unchanged (Unless you remove it on the Member Centre, or over the phone)

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
kmw350
Rising Star

Thank you for the replies.

Will likely take the plunge & move to fibre very soon.