cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP change

Lifeboats

ISP change

Hello,
I already have fibre broadband with another ISP but I'm changing to Plus Net and go live with Plus Net broadband and phone next Monday, (30th).
I've got my Plus Net router ready to go when I get the go ahead that my broadband is available, but as far as I'm aware there's no engineer booked to come to make the change and if I'm doing it myself I have a some questions and would appreciate any advice:
Q1.    Is it simply a case of unplugging and removing my existing ISP's router and replacing it one-for-one, cable-for-cable with the new Plus Net router?
Q2.    My master phone socket is in an upstairs bedroom so that's where my Fibre optic unit and router are.  My computer, PS3 and TV are downstairs and connected wirelessly so is it simply a case of entering the Plus Net router's pass key into those three things to get them connected wirelessly to the Plus Net router?
Q3.    Will I have to access the Plus Net router's manager on my computer to set anything up in there?
Thanks for any advice/help/suggestions that might ease the passage into my new Inetrnet life with Plus Net.

3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: ISP change

Q1 Yes
Q2 Yes
Q3 Only if you want to fiddle or see the stats as it will work fine without it
There is one proviso
If the router doesn't connect to the internet automatically after say 15 minutes you may need to access it to setup the login details yourself
Lifeboats

OK, thanks for your help and swift reply.
deathtrap
Grafter

If you have a BT openreach modem in particular the Huawei HG612 3B then you can use this modem with all ISP's  and it will perform better than the re branded BTHH5, as for a router if you do have the bt modem already you can use any router that has a EWAN port  all you would need is your plusnet adsl log in details which are in the portal area
No engineer is required for FTTC FTTC migrations