cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPSEC VPN stopped after moving to PN Fibre

garry_c

IPSEC VPN stopped after moving to PN Fibre

Hi,

I'm new to the forum although have used it in the past for assistance, its great that there are so many people able to help.

I had PN ADSL running on a TP-Link 8960 router with a IPSEC VPN connection to a TP-Link Archer VR600 (v1)connected to Virgin Fibre, all was good, nice two way comms with file transfer and the remote site(s) acting as though they were connected on the same LAN. All was good.

Upgrade PN ADSL to PN Fibre to get a faster connection and change the 8960 to another TP-Link VR600 (v2) and...

The IPSEC VPN connects, ping and tracert between sites is fine but when connecting to a remote site no web page of the router for example is shown, just a time out.  This used to work just fine.

I've checked the PN Broadband Firewall which is off and the fault is the same on any device so ruling out local device firewall.  Rebooted both routers, the PN end IP moved from 51.7.252 to146.200.200. Changed the MTU from default 1480 to 1492, no difference.

Any ideas and assistance most welcome

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: IPSEC VPN stopped after moving to PN Fibre

Have you made sure that you have different LAN subnets on each of the routers?

It may well have worked before because the default subnets were different on the 8960 to the VR600

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

garry_c

Yep, 192.168.10 on one and 192.168.20 on the other, exactly as they were before

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Oh well, it was worth a thought.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.