Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile reset possible?

cyrix2000
Dabbler

IP profile reset possible?

Hi,

It seems my VDSL connection can provide 70Mbit/s but is restricted to 60 Mbit/s (see attached screenshot). Is there a way to get it back (or closer) to the 70 Mbit/s by resetting the IP profile?

5 REPLIES 5
zpeterk
Grafter

Re: IP profile reset possible?

Mine is nearly the same, what does BTW speed test come back with? (the second part)

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @cyrix2000,

I've had a check of the connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere as the line is only syncing at 57.4Mbps, although our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault, please click here and let us know once you've done the checks and raised the fault so we can progress it for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @zpeterk,

I've also tested your line and it's looking extremely similar to @cyrix2000's - currently syncing at 57.6mbps. Please can you also run through the above steps and let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
cyrix2000
Dabbler

Hi,

I did the tests suggested but no improvement.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @cyrix2000,

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear that the advised guides didn't resolve the issue. We'll need to look into booking an engineer visit in to investigate further. I've raised a ticket on your account concerning this, which can be responded to here. Once you've responded then please drop us another message on here so that we can pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team