Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile reset please

FIXED
CrystalJayme
Grafter

IP profile reset please

I just did a speed test with bt's speed test and I'm getting 18.9mbps downstream and 10.11mbps upstream on a 80/20 connection. Some reason my ip profile has gone from 76mbps to 73.9mbps. Could plusnet take a look at my connection stats from my router and also reset my ip profile. Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: IP profile reset please

Hi there, 

I've just looked into this and I can see the line profile has already updated automatically and is back to where it was before Monday. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Sorry but my ip profile has gone back to 73.9mbps. Could you reset my ip profile back so it goes to 77.35mbps Thank you
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Added screenshot showing my router sync speed which is higher then BTW ip profile so I'm confused.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm afraid that's not possible as we can't set profile higher than the sync rate

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
CrystalJayme
Grafter

My ip profile has always been 77.35mbps so what's happened?
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The IP profile is a percentage of the synch rate (usually 96.8%) so your synch rate must have changed.

Have a look here for a full explanation of IP profiles.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @CrystalJayme,

After testing your line today I can see that the Sync Rate has now increased to 76.3Mbps download speeds. In regards to the Sync Speeds these aren't always static and are subject to change due to various factors that may affect the line such as weather or other interference such as engineering work, however after reviewing it today I am happy to say that it seems like you're currently achieving the higher ends of your estimated speeds.

If this does seem to change, or you notice any other issues with the broadband connection in the future please let us know as soon as possible and we'll be more than happy to investigate further.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Tag fixed.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Thanks TheMightyAJ for doing the test 🙂 x
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Sorry to trouble you again but could you please upload the GEA Service Test so that I can see the screenshot. Thanks x
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's worth noting too that the test just flagged up an MSF (major service fault affecting your area, the estimated time for resolution is 15:49 today. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Thanks for the screenshot and letting me know about MSF which explains my fluctuating speeds today. I will keep an eye on it and if I see my speed go below 60mbps I'll let you know. X
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries!

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team