cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile nudge please

vindaloojim
Grafter

IP profile nudge please

Could somebody update my current IP line profile?
For a while my IP profile has been at 70Mbps instead of 78Mbps (my usual IP profile, and also the max my line can achieve).
I called Plusnet tech support on Tuesday. The guy I was speaking with said (after I had requested it to be done) had raised my profile to 78Mbps however it is still at 70Mbps. So whatever he did, if anything, did not succeed.
I've had a 'nudge' before by plusnet and it took 10 minutes to take affect so I know that it should of happened by now. 
The lower IP profile has resulted in my download speed to lower by 10Mbps.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: IP profile nudge please

If it's the IP profile as reported on the BT Speedtester, then unfortunately no we cannot influence this. That figure is dictated directly from your sync speed to the exchange.
If it's the copy of this profile that we mirror on our systems, then this should match the above IP profile.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
vindaloojim
Grafter

Yes it is, Chris.
A couple of months ago I had the same issue after open reach engineer carried out work on my line.
Following his advise I called plusnet to ask for a nudge and within a few minutes my ip profile was back to normal.
All I want to be done is a similar line nudge like plusnet did a couple of months ago.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, but which profile is it?
As mentioned, if it's the BT IP profile then we cannot, nor have we ever been able to, influence this. This is dictated by the sync speed.
The profile on our side is already as high as it should be.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
vindaloojim
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Sorry, but which profile is it?

As I answered in my previous post, chris, it is the ip profile. My download speed has slowed down as it did a couple of months ago. You were able to give something on my line a nudge back then to get my line speed/ sync rate back to the speed it should be.
Any chance you can do what plusnet did in February and give the relevant thing on my line a nudge to get my line speed back to normal please.
Quote from: Chris
The profile on our side is already as high as it should be.

Which would be?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

As Chris has stated we can't change the BT Profile. It's linked to your current sync rate so unless that changes your BT profile wont.
Your current BT Profile is 73.1 and our profile is above that at 78.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team