Did you mean: 

IP profile not correct

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: IP profile not correct

Thanks for getting back to us @Temple1970 

The IP profile normally updates almost instantaneously when a sync speed changes.

If it doesn't and if there's a profile mismatch, we can raise this to our suppliers to investigate.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Temple1970
Dabbler

Interesting,

So here is the synchronisation speed which my router is stating which is probably different to what you guys can see? 

So does this mean there's a mismatch and BT can rectify this?

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Temple1970 

I'm afraid we'd only be able to arrange for our suppliers to correct a BRAS profile if our testing shows a profile mis-match, i.e. the test says something along the lines of "Profile mismatch has been identified, please pass to BT for further diagnostics"

At which point we'd report a fault and the system will automatically pass this to the correct team within our suppliers to fix the profile mis-match. From experience it doesn't seem possible for us to request this any other way unfortunately.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Temple1970
Dabbler

Thanks for getting back to me.

Openreach paid another visit yesterday I did try to explain to that chap that when you guys (Plusnet) tested the line last week it was failing however my DSL was not resynchronising just showing a heavy amount of errored seconds and severly errored seconds in both directions.

He completed another test from the socket and said the connection back to the DSLAM was near perfect so suggested as the issue was affecting my profile he'd change the port.

This has now been completed and DLM is now monitoring my line. 

I was a little concerned as the chap didn't quite understand why the BRAS IP profile was changing when the line was testing good.

Having worked in the past for BT and understanding the network, when you complete the line test during bad weather which is when the issue arises this could be a fault on the E side i.e the connection from the MDF in the exchange to the cab before the circuit picks up the DSLAM. A fault on the E side could induce noise onto the DSL connection from the DSLAM to me. Just a thought!

I suppose I'll need to wait for more bad weather to see it the issue persists. Currently we've not had any rain since the last issue. Thoughts?

Out of interest, what is the rate of errored and severely errored second which will trigger DLM to change the synchronisation rate or highlight an issue?

Kind regards

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Post released from spam filter

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Temple1970,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

Glad to hear the issues are starting to alleviate, I would suggest keeping a close eye on it & give us a nudge if you notice any further issues with this.

Thanks.