Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile downgraded?? After house electrical works. Can someone check please

BikerPa
Grafter

IP profile downgraded?? After house electrical works. Can someone check please

Hi there,
We've been having our home electrics supply upgraded & a load of rewiring done for an EV point. This has meant the modem & router have been off multiple times on multiple days.
Our download speed seems to have fallen as a result
Has the IP profile been downgraded?, if so can it be reset @ the start of next week when it has all been finished.
TIA
Mike
1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download Speed
13.77 Mbps

0 Mbps 14.52 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 13.77 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 11.61 Mbps-14.52 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 14.52 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
Upload Speed
6.58 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6.58Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.
6 REPLIES 6
BikerPa
Grafter

Re: IP profile downgraded?? After house electrical works. Can someone check please

To add;
I keep trying to raise a support ticket through the web site but when I submit it I get 'An error occurred whilst processing your request'
BikerPa
Grafter

Re: IP profile downgraded?? After house electrical works. Can someone check please

So no reply to either a support ticket or here in over 24hrs.
Is PN CS going down hill or is it just me  Cry
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

If you are on fibre PN cannot reset the DLM. It's only possible if an engineer is sent out and isn't automatic even then. You'll just have to wait a few days after your electrics have been completed. Eventually the DLM will start to ease off and let the line speed increase.
Oh and the ticket system appears to be deprecated now. Use online chat or the telephone 😕
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As Andure says, there isn't a tool to allow us to reset profiles on Fibre lines. If it doesn't improve ones the work is finished it'll need looking in to as a fault.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BikerPa
Grafter

OK cheers for the replies chaps  Wink
I just couldn't find any info on the DLM & just assumed it 'was' possible to reset as per a new install  Embarrassed
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: BikerPa
I just couldn't find any info on the DLM
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/DLM.htm
Smiley